RCU Forums - View Single Post - THE END OF RC
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2004, 12:00 AM
BasinBum
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: THE END OF RC

Let me throw in my two psycho-analytical cents on this one. If you really wanted to quit you probablely would not have posted on here. You would have just quit, maybe have a friend sell off your stuff or just given it away. I don't know how old you are but I have seen young guys have a brain fart while flying, happens to rc pilots all the time, I've been there.

So if you really want to quit, by all means do it and don't listen to people here that think it's going to effect the hobby or something if someone quits. But if on the other hand time makes the incident less traumatic, get back on the horse and try again, it's the only way you'll know.

The recomendation for a Park Flyer makes sense as well, there are quite a few older guys at our field who have disvovered that the new electric stuff is light years ahead of what was available only a year ago. I wouldn't tell an experienced rc flyer to get a stock park flyer though, definately upgrade the power system and you can get something that is every bit as good as a sport glow plane but safer.