RCU Forums - View Single Post - THE END OF RC
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2004, 10:48 AM
sfaust
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: THE END OF RC

Barrrick, its a personal choice that you need to make, however, don't make it based on one incident that may or may not ever happen to you again. Give it some time, then try again. If it happens again, you'll know what to do. If it doesn't happen, you may get in a number of years before you need to move on.

ORIGINAL: jettstarblue
Get a kite? You have never flown some of the better kites, I suspect, or couldn't.
The stunt kites are not only challenging, but a ton of fun. I bought one on a lark, and was immediately hooked at trying to do some of the tricks. The slack line tricks rival the complexity of 3D flying we are doing with RC. They are hard to master, and just plain memorizing in the air. If you have a spare $20, purchase the DVD that Prism sells on advanced kite maneuvers. You'll never look at a kite again in the same way. And at $100 to $500 per kite, they sure are cheaper than RC. I ended up buying about 4 kites last year for those days when RC flying isn't in the cards. And there are days that I'd rather fly the kite than a decked out 40% aerobatic plane. They are that much fun and just as challenging and rewarding when you get a maneuver right.

Check out this compilation of some of the maneuvers!! Worth seeing, trust me. www.giantscalerc.com/kite_freestyle.wmv (15mb, best to download and play)