RCU Forums - View Single Post - We need your feedback Backyard Hobbies
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2004, 08:17 PM
mvsopen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: We need your feedback Backyard Hobbies

After having seen the "Bugz" advertisements in the latest magazines from Hobby People, I started searching the web for information. I found a grand total of three postings, world-wide, dealing with assembly of any of the "Bugz" line (and two of the three are here on RCU!).

So I visited the website of the kit creator. OK, price list. Check. Cheesy videos. Check. But there was nothing regarding assembly of one of these kits. No feedback, no discussion groups, no downloadable user guides. Zero that could help me decide if a "Bugz" was worthy of both my time and my money.

So I wrote to the Backyard Hobby people, asking if manuals were available. Nope. Call them for questions (Long distance, I might add). Finding this answer to be unacceptable, I again wrote back, expressing my displeasure. Again, a brief apology, along with a "Call us for any questions".

Sorry, no. I'm the customer here, and when I'm considering investing more than $500 into a hobby (I was planning on purchasing several different plane types), I like to make as informed a decision as possible. Watching a 2mb mini-movie of a plane flying around a gym tells me nothing about motor and servo mounting, kit assembly, CG tuning, receiver requirements, etc.

I have no doubt that the "Bugz" line may indeed perform as advertised, but I'm a analyst, and until I can read the fine print regarding these kits, I'll simply have to look elsewhere.

Rich