RCU Forums - View Single Post - Super Sportster 90/120
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2004, 09:11 PM
TRoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Super Sportster 90/120

SkyBound

I haven't heard anything about retracts on this model. I just hope that I didn't add too much more weight with the changes I've already made.

Here is a pic of the tailfeathers (in primer). The Super Sportster 90/120 Update that I mentioned earlier shows perhaps a simpler method of balancing the elevator but it looked to me like it would be more apt to snag on something. There is about 0.4 oz. of lead in the front part of each elevator and about twice that in the rudder.

BigBird1

Sounds like a good setup with the pull pull rudder. Split elevators seem like a good way to go too. I decided to use a single servo for the elevator (Hitec 5645 MG) and carbon fiber rods. The second pic shows this but since the pic was taken, I also added pushrod guides at each former. Without having the aileron torque rods to consider, I was able to have the rudder servo at a different height to allow the rods to cross and get a straight shot out (Partly in view on the left is the throttle servo).

I don't know if the mods I made are worth it or how satisfactory the results will be but I'm looking forward to checking it out.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tq48889.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	109749   Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54664.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	109750