RCU Forums - View Single Post - Twin SPAD
Thread: Twin SPAD
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2004, 10:16 AM
Villa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Twin SPAD

After my twin engine Great Planes P-38 fell apart in the air, twice, due to the weak booms, I put the components in a Twin SPAD plane I designed. The wing is from the Dominator, but the wing tips are square to get the full 48 inch span. Three hard points were glued to the two yard stick spars for 1/4-20 NC steel bolts, and nylon bolts were used at three points at the trailing end of the wing. The fuselage and engine mount supports are the aluminum channel from a SPAD3D and the engine mounts are from the POLY cutting boards. Flys better than the P-38. The other servos, battery, and receiver are stuffed inside the wing. About 7 pounds. Have even made 4 takeoffs on one engine (to practice one engine flying), but lost it each time on the first turn. Our field is like a soup bowl which makes the one engine takeoff a terror. I have shelved that effort for a while. Loops, rolls, snap rolls, and knife edges are great. The sound of the two engines going in and out of sync is super. The engines are Maxum .28.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16501.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	109904