RCU Forums - View Single Post - Building a DraganFlyer - need to mix speedcontrollers - HELP
Old 03-15-2004, 07:57 PM
Spaceclam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Building a DraganFlyer - need to mix speedcontrollers - HELP

if you are going to fly it indoors than you need to have more stability than you require outdoors unless you don't care about your model or furnature. as far as the gear thing goes, i would not recomend it. you need precice control. that will be anything but precice. a perfect example of this is the veetails i got at first had 16 step resolution and it was unflyable. simply too corse. doing it the gear way will probably cost more becuase you will have to make them custon, weigh a lot more and it will have less possible steps than even the far too imprecice veetails i started out with before. you are welcomed to try but don't be surprised. as a mater of fact, speaking abotu accuracy, i had to remove my throttle ratched because it has only 27 steps and i could not find that sweet throttle spot. as far as the 3 motors go you can"t have only 1 on the front and 2 on the sides because the throttle from that one would flip it over. that would be like putting a rocket engine facing downward on the tip of one wing (on your most complicated rc plane) and not the other. that means you would have to put the motors in a tripod position to correct that problem, but then, how do you cancel out torque with an uneven number of motors? the only answer is to put thrusters wich are laggy and will weigh a lot more on top of less rotor disk space. not to mention, you would have to coordinate the thrusters with the movements, and you would have to have two motors speed up just a little bit and the opposing one slow down considerably more. if you go for the cheapy radio, to get it to mix correctly it will require a lot more mixers (remember you need the expensive ones because the cheap ones are too corse for controlled flight) and it will cost you a fortune, far more than it will cost to get the draganflyer. you see how complicated this is getting with all the problems that have no good solution and what not. you kinda have to use 2 motors and put them on gimbals (like the guy who i got the original inspiration to od this from) or use 4 rotors becuase, being an even number you can opperate them in pairs making life a lot easier. doing three motors has no benifit and has a whole slew of problems. like i said yo uare welcomed to try but i probably won't be able to help any.