RCU Forums - View Single Post - FG US CUP
Thread: FG US CUP
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2004, 08:31 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: FG US CUP

ORIGINAL: ammdrew
now can we generate enough excitement to have a cup?
I guess that is the multi-million dollar question. That also pretty much seems to be the same question since the 1st National 1/5 scale motorcycle championships are supposed to be held in Las Vegas soon.

With enough advertisement and word-of-mouth, people will probably come here to race, locals may watch, and then more people will purchase large scale cars. After all, some people look for any excuse to come to Las Vegas and those who come here for business, will probably enjoy a racing break while using a tax write off at the same time. I also think that the Marder/Buggy will attract a larger cross-section of people, i.e. the younger racers who don't want to try large scale because they claim that they are not that old and the older racers who still have some kid in them. And eventually, those who tire of the nitro hassles may convert away from glow plugs despite prior claims that their nitro vehicles are the greatest things ever constructed when they see someone actually run 40 minutes straight.

The time of year will probably also be a key factor due to the weather, conventions (hotel prices and availability), and other races (some people may skip an FG event if they race in Silver State, Paris, and so on).