RCU Forums - View Single Post - Other people's ideas
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2004, 02:59 PM
Juice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Other people's ideas

I have some very good construction ideas in the form of scanned drawing and digital pictures from another modeler. This was a very good modeler who had many followers who praised his ideas (like myself). He also had many enemies who didn't like his somewhat arrogant style.

Unfortunately, his enemies got the most of him and now his internet presence is gone from RCU and his website was taken down. The reason for his departure is mostly unknown. But I remember reading that he was tired of sharing his ideas to the internet community allowing them to reap the benefits, only to have the same internet community blast him for his style. I imagine he thinks it is a "thankless service" to share his ideas to the internet community.

Now, I'm holding on to these files he sent to me personally. And the ideas on these files are too good to keep to myself, especially when there is a call out for them. But if I share these files, he probably wouldn't like it. Then again, he's not here anymore to police the distribution of his files.

Should I share them, or should I keep them?

Juice