RCU Forums - View Single Post - Building a DraganFlyer - need to mix speedcontrollers - HELP
Old 03-18-2004, 11:54 PM
secretspy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Building a DraganFlyer - need to mix speedcontrollers - HELP

Thanks for the info. I just have 1 more unanswered question. How do you connect the 3 gyros? The way I'm thinking, you would need one for each motor, plus one for rudder = 5 gyros, because they all send out their own signal. I'm also doing the mixing on my *brand new* JR XP8103 birthday present, which has the 6 mixes I need (say for example that the front motor is on the ele channel, left motor is on the ail channel, and the rear motor is on 5, and the right motor is on channel 6):
mix1: +ele to -ch5
mix2: +ail to -ch6
mix3: +throttle to +ele
mix4: +throttle to +ail
mix5: +throttle to +ch5
mix6: +throttle to +ch6

then rudder is split to 4 servos for tilt-rotor, which would not require a mix.

How would I connect 3 gyros to this setup? I could easily do 5 but thats way too much money and weight. Have you flown conventional heli's? If so, is this anything like that? I'm assuming that if I can fly a regular heli that I can fly this (or pretty much anything, maybe thats being too cocky...) I think that if I get it tuned just right I won't have a problem.

So you never have a problem with the prop coming off with your setup? If I read your post correctly, the assembly sequence is: 3mm nut, locknut, prop, 3mm nut....correct?

I am also shooting for under 1 lb....lets see if that actually happens!