RCU Forums - View Single Post - Multiplex Easy Star, construction, flight report
Old 03-20-2004, 11:00 AM
aman_74

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Multiplex Easy Star, construction, flight report

I'm a newbie and have done a ton of research and pretty much feel this is the one I'll end up getting. I have a couple questions for ya if you have the time. I read through some of the huge 3 part thread, but that gets to be a bit much. I've checked into the T-52, Sky Scooter Pro2, Aerobird, T-Hawk, Graupner, Slow Stick, and many, many more. This one apeals to me the most because of the pusher and most importantly the wind handling ability. I know I should start out with no or extremely low winds, which I will, but once I get that under my belt I'll need a plane that can handle at least 5-10, it is always windy here and if I get a Slow Stick I won't ever be able to enjoy it. So here's a few questions.

-I don't need a 3D plane, I'm being realistic, but I also don't want to get bored too fast if I catch on this summer. I heard this plane can do loops, can it do anything else? I've heard it compared to the Graupners, which I think can do rolls, no? The Terry or the Tipsy maybe? Is it more reliable than a Graupner, because they interest me as well.

-how are my options motor wise? I probably won't use the stock motor, I have overly sensitive ears and believe it or not electrics are too loud for me too be around. What are my options for a quieter plane. I hear the AXI outrunners are quiet, but I'm unsure if that's because of direct drive, brushless or the outrunner design. I'd like something quiet, but as a newbie I don't see the need to spend big bucks on brushless. I know the brushless need a different ESC or receiver, not sure which, are those parts more than for the brushed motors as well? That could really run up the price.

-I also know that not all noise would be from the motor and gearbox (if one is used), is there alot of noise caused by the wind with this plane and would I have options to use a quieter prop with this plane? Does it benefit from folding props?

- I see you had some mods. I'm not the handiest, would I have to do those and if so, how tough? I'd probably want to run the 8 cell pack like you said for better wind ability and time, as long as they are compatible with my motor.

-if what I have mentioned so far is a possibilty I'd say this plane is for me. My only other concern is that they don't sell seperate parts for repairs. If I really wreck it than I am out another 60 bux instead of a 15 dollar wing like with some other models. Is it easily repairable? Does Graupner sell replacemet parts as they seem to be my second choice. I think they were slightly cheaper for the ARF too.

Thanks!

Anthony
-