RCU Forums - View Single Post - Thunder Tiger Pro .46 owners
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2002, 01:33 PM
Jazzy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thunder Tiger Pro .46 owners

OK. Lets put the COPY thing to rest.

I did some research a few months ago. In short, this is what I've gleamed:
Some years ago the chief engineer for O.S. left the company for reasons we can only speculate at. (His name is a bit of a jumble in my mind right now...) This engineer apparently used HIS diesigns to start the Thunder Tiger Engine Co.
It is my understanding he left O.S. when the company was bought by Great Planes. There were some changes made by the new ownership regarding the manufacturing processes. The 'peeling liner' and bearing problems began shortly after the changes were made.
In the meantime Thunder Tiger has grown with great success providing the modeling community with excellent and powerful products.

The above information was taken from my own research and the knowledge and experiences of long-time impartial modelers at the field. Debate it all you want but do your homework first.

Isn't it funny that usually only the devout (and sometimes blinded) O.S. users do the name calling and manufacturer bashing? Even I, a TT believer, try not to slam a manufacturer-except maybe VMar.

Warren, the Slimline Pitts for the 46FX is an exact match for the Pro46. I thought they are now listed for use on TT engines...?

Jeff