RCU Forums - View Single Post - Thunder Tiger Pro .46 owners
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2002, 08:39 AM
ShempHoward
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thunder Tiger Pro .46 owners

OS is owned by Futaba not by Great Planes/Hobbico which is merely the US Distributor and should be blamed in part for any complaints about high prices.
There is a distinct resemblance between the TT46 and the 46FX which is believed to have been the result of one of OS's top designers defecting to TT and getting the TT46 Pro out on the market well before the 46FX.
They both have the same exhaust port dimensions and therefore should both accept the same aftermarket mufflers.
Regardless of what anybody says the 46FX is actually several hundred RPM stronger than the TT46 Pro and this info is contained in several magazine test reviews which I trust far more than the often exaggerated
claims made here and on other sites about what owners of other brand engines are getting in rpm's. I recall a snot nosed kid on RCO from South Alabama, or thereabouts, making obviously wild claims about what his 46FX's were turning in stock form right out of the box as an example of how some people like to tell tall stories of how their particular engine brand runs. It nearly always boils down to a Ford vs. Chevy type argument so read the test reviews - thats what they are there for. C. Lee's performance data is the reaL thing.