RCU Forums - View Single Post - Suggestions wanted... Mid-size bipe.
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2004, 08:26 AM
LSP972
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Suggestions wanted... Mid-size bipe.

Hey, Tom! What's shaking?

What began this thread was the concern that a new ARF (Goldberg Matrix) I just finished was going to be a dog; therefore I was going to need a home for the 70 Surpass/flight pack in it.

However, the Matrix turned out okay. I'm still not real thrilled with it, but I have so much work invested in it that it seems silly to undo all of that when the model is flying quite well.

I do, however, have a strong urge for another GP Super Aeromaster and am actively looking for a NIB kit. I even made a query about it here that lasted maybe a day before getting "moderated". Punishment, perhaps, for not coughing up the bucks to be a preferred selling member???

At any rate, if you run across a NIB Super Aeromaster (the small one; 60 size) kit, let me know. I'm not ready to scratch anything out just now, and foam wings are still a mystery... I've got a Sig Kougar to do next, which will be my first foam wing. The various methods used are rather intriguing; but I think I'm going to go with the time-honored epoxy technique.

Soon as I get the Sceadu EVO done, the bench gets cleared for the building board. I have always wanted a Kougar, and even though all my other planks have four strokes these days, I have a good OS 40SF that will be perfect for it. The field where we fly our helis and run our trucks is really too cramped for general plank flying; but a Kougar should do just fine there...