RCU Forums - View Single Post - Suggestions wanted... Mid-size bipe.
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2004, 12:46 PM
TEBerg
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Suggestions wanted... Mid-size bipe.

The Sceadu EVO - Oooohhhh, I'm Green.. I keep looking at the 50-size for a nice 'powerful' heli, but I keep telling myself to be happy with what I can afford. And the Rappy 60 is flying very nicely with just the OS61 and 15% fuel... After all, I'm not that good yet. I have a couple of pics of the 'current' R60 in my gallery.

However, we are getting set here in Fresno/Clovis for Todd Bennett!!!! He will be here for a two-day school on the 31st and April 1st.. I can't wait.. I have been saving money for a year.

I'm sorry that I don't know of any current Super Aeromaster kits for you. However, I DO have a Pica ShooFli Bi kit. It is a biplane for 40 to 60 engines. The specs say it can go up to a 90 4-stroke. It has 50 and 54-inch wing spans, 11 1/2-inch chord, 48-inches long and weighs about 6-7 pounds. The instructions say it is a very stable biplane, and you can 'chop' down the top wing 4 inches to speed up the roll rate if you desire..

I bought the ShooFli kit about 5 years ago when I was thinking about putting a 45 into my first biplane. Well, I decided that the 45 would be too slow for what I was looking for and went on to other things (Uproar 40). So, the kit still sits there. The plans do have some marks on them from some of my 'ideas', but nothing else is touched...

The Kougar is a very nice looking plane. I have eye-balled that kit more than once. It should be fun for a little shorter field.. Hey - put flaps on it and it would almost hover in to land

If you're interested in a biplane besides the Aeromaster, let me know about the ShooFli. I like the looks of it, but my next project (after the Bridi) should be my AD-1 Skyraider and I need a little more $$ for that.. I'll probably end up buying a new Saito 100 [X(]

TTYL