RCU Forums - View Single Post - Best Club Newsletter
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2004, 02:11 PM
ballgunner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Best Club Newsletter

I too am one of those ink stained wretches who does our club newsletter. With a couple of short time outs this has beeen going on for 11 years. There are few things more disturbing to your newsletter writer than that blank white screen. Notice I said writer not editor. An editor edits items that are submitted for publication. That is seldom the case. Creativity, a half way decent command of the English language and the willingness to accept a task that is almost universally shunned by the general membership are the basic requirements for creating, printing and distributing something that will occasionally end up in the bottom of a bird cage. A boo-boo is writing sentances that are too long (as above). To compound my problem I have just had Windows XP and Works with Word become part of my computer world. These things are supposed to make life easier, and perhaps someday they will, but for me this is just another problem. The occasional compliment for your efforts is like a gold nugget. Dificult to find but for that reason all the more valuable.