RCU Forums - View Single Post - Wow... Broken plane, but no crashs
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2004, 12:02 AM
sledge4055

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wow... Broken plane, but no crashs

I had the same problem on my first slow stick only i totaly obliterated my plane as i drove it into a pile of trees that had been bull dozed and piled up in the lot i was flying in when the wings folded on me about 15 foot of the ground while atempting to pull out of a steep dive from a pretty good distance up .. so the second one i bought i used a med to low temp hot glue gun and glued the center fold of the wing together and then filled in the v on top of the wing with the same as best as possible to get what looks like more of a smooth contour in the center and taped over it. I then used pieces of brass tubes with the right dia. cut to fit right over the aluminum spar tubes and solderd the joint together over the aluminum inserted the fiberglass spars in the tubes with 5 min epoxy then instaled the spars as usual and taped the wing with 3 " packing tape on both leading and trailing edges of the wing as well as on top and botom of the center fold of the wing ... stiffend right up I even up graded to eps-350c powersystem same as on the gws formosa and have yet to have a problem and i gota say shes almost twice as fast as the first one i had with very little flex in the wing