RCU Forums - View Single Post - Predator
Thread: Predator
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2002, 04:40 PM
R.Bridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator

Oops, forgot to add that. Thanks for putting that in there. I don't make a bunch of tight turns. I try to make big sweeping turns so the motor stays wound up. Good point.....

Again, to all who read this.. My methods may not be the right ones, it just seems to work for me. My motors last a long time, and actually I won the last 2 Q500 Nats with the same motor. I don't put a lot of time on this engine, I only run it at big races not the local ones. It must have over 100 runs though. But I think the best past about my motors are not the top ends, it's the bottom end stuff. Which I have to admit, Shadel does all my crank and bearing work. He is the best at freeing up a bottom end, which in turn lets the top end get it !

Don, you asked about piston and liners holding up for me. I'd say yes. Quickie top ends seem to last forever for me, it's the Q40 top ends that I plow through. Mostly because I tend to turn that needle in a little too much some times, I've been trying to do better with that though..

Randy