View Single Post
Old 04-07-2004, 09:15 PM
FHHuber
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Programming 7UAP PCM

The compleyte Super-7 manual:

http://www.futabarc.com/manuals/7uaf-7uap-manual.pdf

It is actually fairly simple to program. (I have one) Depress the first two buttons at the same time, the TX will beep and enter the programming menus.

The first or second button scrolls through which section of programming you will be working on.

The 3rd and 4th buttons choose which item on the screenyou will be adjusting. Most of the menus are self-explanatory.

The number one error people make when trying to set up flaperons is... they plug the 2nd aileron into channel 5 instead of channel 6.

The 5th and 6th buttons make the changes.

The first two buttons depressed at the same time (or turning the TX off) will get you out of programming mode.

The flight timer is a count-up timer. It has no alarn for if you run out of fuel... it just keeps track of how long the TX has been turned on (total time) since the timer was reset. Using the timer is a good idea... as it can help you in monitoring if your batteries are giving reduced capacity. You should get about the same total flying time each charge with the same aircraft using the same battery pack.

I just ran a test and my Super-7 Transmitter draws 360 mah per hour of operation. This is VERY high compared to a typical 4 channel TX which can draw under 200 mah per hour. My TX was recently serviced by Radio South... These are OLD radios. (appx 15 to 20 years old)

You will be using one of the "P-Mix" functions for your desired flap acting in concert with elevator. I would use the 3-position P-mix switch, such that centered the mix is off. Forward the mix has the flaperons move the same way as the elevator. Back the flaps move opposite to the elevator. That would be normal for Fun-Fly use.