RCU Forums - View Single Post - We need your feedback Backyard Hobbies
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2004, 11:53 PM
kampma

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: We need your feedback Backyard Hobbies

Purchased a Bugz Wasp two weeks ago from Todd's Models www.toddsmodels.com and was disgusted by the lack of documentation. It was a really hard build and I still can't get her to fly. Apparently Todd was phasing out his stock of the Bugz line, which should have been obvious to me as I ordered his last Wasp. The biggest issue I have right now concerning the plane in its current state is the battery size. Everything was built to spec (what they do give you) with referencing to the single low-res picture they had online. I also referred to some posts on this forum such as the "Wasp Build Report". I have a Ni-MH battery that was referred by Todd's Models. Its my belief that this is too heavy for the plane to take off. I'll be making the move to order a Lithium battery as recommended by Backyard Hobbies. The plane is already expensive as it is - what was advertised as an easy (almost first-timer) electric plane is really just a huge pain in the neck.

However its my belief that this plane can become a very enjoyable and functional rc plane. We really need a better community of owners and those interested to communicate and fill in the missing pieces to Backyard Hobbies piss-poor instructions and lack of pics/images.