RCU Forums - View Single Post - HS-225BB Problem
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2004, 08:01 AM
OlleG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HS-225BB Problem

Hi
I have been using HS 225 in many models (size 1,5 - 2,0 kg/0.25-0.46), e.g. one model is the Tower Hobbies Extra Special. The problem is that the servo now and then fails in the motor brushes, see the attached picture. Today it is 6 servos in three years (say 10-15 hours in the air per year) that have failed like this. I have also seen the same problem with HS 81.

I am flying with a lot of servo movement, like 3D, but I though that servos are designed to handle that.

What is the problem? The Hs 225 is compared to its size very powerful according to the spec's but perhaps it is not really designed to be working according to the spec's. First I thought the I had a problem in the end of servo travel but after the first servo failures I am very careful with the adjustment of the ATV in the transmitter and still the servos fails.

So far I have been lucky when it cames to damages on the model, but I see this as a real problem. Most servos have brushes, is it necessary to select the expensive coreless servo instead to get rid of this problem?

/OlleG
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sp45179.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	121356