RCU Forums - View Single Post - Engine gremlin?
Thread: Engine gremlin?
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2002, 06:57 PM
bgorham

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine gremlin?

Well, I have been the rounds on this engine, and I think I finally know what the problem is. First off, I relaced all my fuel lines, new glow plug, RTV'd the carburator to the engine, and still had problems. Starting has been easier, and I can tell it is better, but it still is choking out reving up to full power from idle.

Today at the flight line, a mate and I were adjusting the carb, and we couldn't get it to richen out into four stroke. We were scratching out heads and I noticed that fuel was blowing out the main needle valve adjustment. I turned it a little bit and it stopped and ran right for a while, and then went back to it's old habits. So I tore the thing down and have discovered that the needle valve assembly is slightly bent, and I am not getting a decent seal.

I think what was happening was when I opened the throttle I was blowing fuel out into the air, instead of down the carburator.
So it is off to the LHS for me, and an attempt to find Irvine carb parts.

Thanks all for the posts to help figure out what was going on. I think I have this gremlin on the run now!

Bo