RCU Forums - View Single Post - What Can I Do, Need Some Prop HELP!!
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2004, 12:37 AM
CAF_NWT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Can I Do, Need Some Prop HELP!!

Hi everyone, I have an interesting project on the bench.I have picked up a very atractive Douglas DC-3 made by Guillow's. It is a 1/32 scale with a wingspan of 35.5 inches and a length of 24 inches. Unfortunatly this plane was never meant to leave the desktop. It is a display model which I am converting to fly with twin speed 400's. I have strengthened the wings, Manufactured the aileron control rods and mounted the motors. The problum I have run into is props. The scale props are 3 blade props. with a length of each blade being 2.125 inches each from the tip to the centre of the shaft. The Engine cowl gobbles up 7/8 inch on each side of the shaft and the fusulage is 2.25 inches from the centre. sSo with 2 and 1/8 inch prop blades as the stock scale should be this doesn't leave much room. lol. My question is does anyone know where I can find a set of these props? I have searched high and low and can't find anything anywhere. If anybody can help me out with this I would be most gratefull, This project is very important as my father flew in these during WW2. Thanks for your time. Craig