RCU Forums - View Single Post - Shockflyer Acc??????
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2004, 07:47 PM
whackinski
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Shockflyer Acc??????

First day UPDATE
I mentioned the soft epoxy problem earlier. I coated the entire area with some 12 minuet which seemed to do the trick. I nosed in on the first flight but there was very little damage. Back to the workshop for repairs and minor adjustments. The wind was a little too high but I flew around doing a few loops, rolls, and knife edge passes. I hooked up with one of my RC buddies who is a more accomplished pilot than me, we each took 2 flights dialing in Expos and trying to hover. The motor mount came loose and flying was done for the day.
I removed all the old epoxy and re glued the aluminum mount also glued the landing gear intersection with probond. the plane is minted out now.
Can you give me some advise as to where you locate the CG for good hovering. Are you mixing the throttle and rudder for vertical flight? If so what are your settings. You mentioned putting the battery on top of the fuse for better vertical. I want to keep the battery on the bottom for a while till I get my chops back. I have laid off from flying for a while, I've been taking full time classes along with work and have no time for any fun. This has gotten me back into flying after almost 2 full years off.

Thanks Bro!!

Living up to my name
Whackinski
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sp45387.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	123760