RCU Forums - View Single Post - Shockflyer Acc??????
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2004, 09:25 AM
wind junkie
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Shockflyer Acc??????

Funny you mentioned the "flying in the living room" dream. I know someone who mentions this also every time I bring up indoor R/C.

I think the title of this thread means shockflyer "accessories."

My CG is roughly at the rear of the recommended CG range for the Edge. It's not a big deal if you move it around 1/4" or so each way from there. With expo on the elevator, it's not as squirrely as you would think even behind this location. I have 50% expo on elevator, 35% on rudder and 40% on ailerons. All throws are at least 45 degrees, except for the elevator, which is now about 55 degrees. I'm not using any mixing. There does nto seem to be any roll coupling in KE flight and it holds one pretty well in either direction.

I put the battery on the top so it balances better in the vertical dimension, meaning if you hold the plane by the prop and at the rudder tip, it won't roll one way or the other. This way rolls don't have a "heavy side" as it is when all components are mounted on the bottom. The battery helps offset some of the landing gear and servo weight. I also like being able to connect the battery while the plane is stitting on it's gear.

BTW, don't use Goop on this kind of foam. The solven will eat it. I was very sparing on the UHU tube that came with the kit, and I still have some left that I use to glue the wheel pants back on when they pop off after landing in the grass a few times. I usually fly indoors though. I did cheat a little and use thin odorless CA for some assembly steps.

Is that an Ultimate Kaos in your last post? The Kaos is still my fave for overall flight. I gotta do a 3D version of that plane someday.