RCU Forums - View Single Post - Shockflyer Acc??????
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2004, 03:33 PM
whackinski
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Shockflyer Acc??????

You have a good eye Wind, That Kaos is a direct connections kit from the 1980's. I built the kit for my Cousin Patrick. He has 4 boys ranging in age from 5 to 11 so he has his hands full. He asked me to build it because he cant have any projects on the bench with his 4 human hurricanes running around. The motor is a Webra .61 speed RE with a dynamix carb. The pipe and header are matched Webra originals. I had to re-engineer the front of the fuse to be removable in order to use the original header and pipe. This is the sweetest flying plane I have ever build Pat is a great pilot but he cant understand why this plane doesnt snaproll. He wants fun fly ailerons on it. He handed me a box of crappy futaba 148's to put in the plane. I went out and bought him some decent Hitec servos, this prompted him to go out and get a JR 8103!
I love building kits almost as much as I love flying but recently it has become more economical to buy an arf. I have never scratch built a plane, but I have repaired enough planes that I am certain I can fabricate an entire aircraft.

I had my expos set to about where yours are, I first flew the ShockFlyer with the CG set to 30mm behind the leading edge. I now have it set up at 50mm but havent flown it yet. Will it be safe to fly it at 60mm or even 65mm?

Any flying secrets would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81893.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	124078