RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA certified instructors
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2004, 01:26 PM
Tx_RcFlyer
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AMA certified instructors

ORIGINAL: Hossfly

Even with the wind, after only 2 flights he was getting in the groove fairly well with boring holes in the sky. We did have some engine problems to correct and we did. It was getting on close to 2PM and I had a previous engagement so we decided to call it a day. As I was filling out the Intro Pilot paperwork, I was telling him about the next club meeting and showing him where the Club applications were, I spoke of the limit of 3 visits prior to joining the Club. He informed me that he had no intention of joining the Club as he would be going to college in the fall and was not going to spend the money. I told him not to expect to solo at Jetero, so regardless of the 30 days set by AMA for THEIR purposes, I set THREE FLYING SESSIONS as a limit for MY AND THE CLUB's purposes. With no intention of joining the club, he will not solo under my Introductory Instruction.[sm=pirate.gif] He probably could, but he won't. [>:]

IMO, it's the Club's and the individual instructor's choice if any individual is allowed to drag his feet.
For someone who ran for District VIII VP, promoting the hobby should be a priority high on the list whether you were elected or not. You are still a member of the AMA and as an instructor should put your best foot forward to promote the Hobby as a whole.
Even if it is just giving this kid his three free visits this could translate into a future long-term modeler once he is done with college. Reading your quote above has instilled a NO vote if you ever decide to run for any position with in the AMA again. Now we see the true colors of H Cain and his idealisms about promoting the hobby to our youth. Can you imagine if we would have voted him in??

Way to go Hoss!