RCU Forums - View Single Post - Formosa Flight Problems
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2004, 09:29 AM
RoneDogg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Formosa Flight Problems

I took my formosa up for its maiden voiage last night and it wasn't too impressive. I need some expert advice. Here is what I have:

Stock Motor: (GWS 350c)
Battery: 7.4v 2sP Thunder Power
Propeller: 9070
Aileron Throws: 70%
Elevator Throw: 80%
Center of Gravity: Just behind (1/4 Inch) the slot for the fiberglass wing brace

It took about 40 feet to get airborne with a 5 MPH wind in my face. Once in the air it was like it was flying in slow motion. It handled fine, but it was definately not moving around too fast. When I flew away from the wind, it also did not fly very fast as well. I wonder if I've got the wrong prop set up, or the wrong battery, but I thought this set up would be satisfactory. My Estarter is somewhat lighter, but not a tone and has a 300c motor. When flown with the same battery it cruised around compared to the Formosa, in the same wind. My formosa motor sounds like its flying at full speed. I've read a number of reviews and it sounds like I'm going to need to invest in a brushless set up, but until I convince my wife I'm out of luck for now. Any ideas on how I could tweek the stock set up to get more umph? Can I go with an 11.v 3s2p TP and get more power without burning up the motor?

Thanks for the help!

Ronedogg