RCU Forums - View Single Post - Great Planes 1/4 scale Gene Soucy Extra 300S
Old 04-24-2004, 10:46 AM
rcflyernc2001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Great Planes 1/4 scale Gene Soucy Extra 300S

Hello all,

I haven't bought one yet but, I have a few questions about the Great Planes Gene Soucy Extra 300S so I can make sure that it all goes ok when I do get the plane.

1. Has anyone use the slimline pitts muffler on the O.S. 1.60 with this plane? I someone has, did you have to do the same thing that you have to do with the Bisson pitts muffler (crimping or plugging one of the extensions for more back preasure)? Also which muffler do you recommend. Granted the Slimline has a smaller can compared to the BCM one and it is more expensive. I have used both of them and I have determined that I like the Slimline better of the 2. I just would like some input on this matter please.

2. Is there anyone that flies at a field that has a paved runway? If there is how does the Great Planes Extra 300 land on the paved compared to the grass?

3. I have read the all of the 8 pages of questions and replies but all I got was more questions about using the ca hinges or the robart hinges. which hinges do you recommend.

I would appreciate the feedback from anyone.

Thank you,
rcflyer