RCU Forums - View Single Post - Shockflyer Acc??????
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2004, 07:30 PM
whackinski
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Shockflyer Acc??????

LIFE IS SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had to work today. it was hard to keep my mind off of flying my Shocky. Every song on the radio was reminding me of flying. Chile Peppers, Music is my Aeroplane, Steve Miller Big ol'e jet airliner the list goes on and on.
I get out and it is a beautiful day but the wind is high and gusty. I went on a mission to find an indoor flying spot!
First stop,I found an abandoned warehouse with a metal roof. I didn't have to break in because one complete brick wall had fallen to the ground away from the structure. I will go back with the digital camera! The place was totaly unsafe so I bailed and continued my search.
I dropped by the school yard where I normally fly determined to find a janitor and bribe him to let me fly in their new huge gym. The place was closed, with no cars in the parking lot.
I checked the field and it was still too windy.
Last stop, on my way home I took a chance at my old High School a few towns away. I graduated form this building over 20 years ago and had the lay of the land. The building was open and people were going in and out, kids practicing different sports, you know, activity. I drove around and parked near the side entrance. The gym door was only 10 feet from my parking spot. I did a reconnaissance run without my gear, plus I was dressed like a teacher (remember I went direct from work). I didn't want to attract attention and waited till it was clear. I grabbed my TX case (TX, extra packs,Charger) 12V Gel Cel and Shocky and slipped right into the hall open one door and walk into the empty gymnasium.
JOY!!!!!!!!! I had the place to myself. I quickly setup and took the first flight. What a rush I just flew around big scale like turns the place was a lot smaller than I remember I got the feel for the room. Nobody came into the gym. Nobody said anything to me. I was there for an hour. I bashed my plane relentlessly, it just kept coming back for more and more.
After the plane was broke enough I packed up and walked out without one person seeing me or asking me if I had permission to be there. Yeah like I'm going to pick up high school chicks with my cool RC airplane! I look like professor doofus, but I accomplished my mission.
The way I see it, if you ask permission then someone could always say no.
Go find a school and go flying!!!

Enjoy my true story

BTW I have already repaired the damages and will be meeting Vertical ts for some flying lessons under the lights!!!

Get out and fly.
Whack