RCU Forums - View Single Post - Design help and insight.....
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2004, 04:52 PM
canadianjosh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Design help and insight.....

Looks and sounds good, there is nothing like the sound of twins revving together. My boat uses a separate servo for each throttle. They are each on their own channel but are mixed so that the master (throttle channel) drives the slave (elevator channel). You can of course just use a Y harness but then tuning is all mechanical instead of tuning each channel like i do. I use 3 pylons to hold my engines up, as the nacelles are connected together. I have noticed that my boat will turn much sharper to the right than to the left, but this may be due to the engines being off centered, i dunno. I run a 1 inch clearance between props, both of the deck and each other, my weight balance is about centered on the hull, this is because of how long my nacelles are and the length of my hull (36" ) My original hull was 14" wide with the engines swinging 11 inch props, so the weight was higher, plus each engine carries 8 oz of fuel, this hull was very easy to roll. Mind you my hull edges are 90 degrees opposed to your beveled edges so your might slide a bit before rolling, plus your engines are smaller, and lower and probably less fuel. So I am not promising it should work the way you want it to, but it looks good.