RCU Forums - View Single Post -
Thread:
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2002, 04:16 PM
stevezero
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya know, what I really wanna know about, is the old business item about what are they gonna do with the delta darts. Doesnt the AMA see that those things are aircraft over the runway out of control usually in a stalled condition, with no control whatsoever, that can smack a spectator in the eye, and give them a nasty papercut. They get what, 40-50 kids out there on the runway and fling em all at once. Theres gotta be danger inherent with that, right?

If you have access to your area VP via email, snail mail, or telephone/fax, by all means, tell him/her how you feel. Email Dave Brown and anyone else you feel might be worth the effort, stating your case for or against it. The sqeaky wheels always seem to get the grease (or the palms can get greased too ).

Given the popularity of high performance aircraft, and high-alpha, substall maneuvers done lower to the proximity of the ground, this is not an issue that is going to be resolved quickly. Alot of manufacturers (including Dave Brown) have products that cater directly to these types of flying. Do you think he is going to just step aside and let a portion of his business (not to mention alot of AMA members who enjoy watching/participating in this method of flight) slip away?

(I just found $.02 under my desk at work, so I figured I'd donate that here too)