RCU Forums - View Single Post - Need ideas for finding a flying filed? PLEASE HELP!
Old 04-29-2004, 03:20 PM
FHHuber
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need ideas for finding a flying filed? PLEASE HELP!

Flyers in mailboxes has very little effect... except to potentially get the post office mad at you. (its gotta have a stamp if its going in the mailbox.)

If a flyer is on my door or car windshield or some flyer is mailed to me... I don't even look at it... it goes in the trash.

To gain permission to fly at a farmer's field or the sod farm or where-ever... you need to wallk up to the owner and talk to him in person. Have a plane n your car to show him if he asks to see one. Be ready to give a demo flight. Be ready to answer questins and provide the AMA's info about insurance coverage.

The mall show is a good way to get new club members... not a great way to find a new field.

If there is a resevoir nearby, you can usually contact the Army Corps of Engineers and gain access to a flying site. It may be a place that is subject to annual flooding... but its a place to fly. The land near a resevoir is essentially useless for building on... but a day or a week underwarter doesn't hurt the runway much.