RCU Forums - View Single Post - Formosa Flight Problems
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2004, 12:23 AM
RoneDogg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Formosa Flight Problems

I flew the formosa today. Prop was on right, Motor was running right. Perfect day to fly, sunny with no wind. The plane took about 30-40 feet to get airborne. It took a little circling to gain some altitude. I could not climb very steep because it would stall. After getting up there it was great to fly, but it definately lacked the power I had envisioned in my mind when I bought it. I was using a 7.2 2100 TP and a 8.4v 730 Mah NiMh. But it was still a lot of fun. I think I'm going to go to a brushless motor. I've looked through a number of forums and here is what I've decided would be a good buy.

Motor: Himax 2015 - 4200
Battery: 2s 7.2v TP, or 3s 11.2v TP
Prop: 9x7, or 10x7, or 11x7
ESC: Phoenix 25

Any thoughts on this set up? What prop/battery, etc. do would you recommend? Any problems I should watch out for with this setup? Basically, I'm looking to be able to climb the Formosa vertically out of sight and any perform any areobatics I'm capable of (not many), but I want to be able to have enough power and control to learn to fly planes like this. I'm still relatively new to flying, but I've gotten a huge bug for this stuff so any thoughts are appreciated.

As always, thanks for the help.

RoneDogg