RCU Forums - View Single Post - WEBRA 1.20 PLEASE HELP
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2003, 12:57 AM
derby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WEBRA 1.20 PLEASE HELP

I would'nt be too quick to give up on the Webra they are a very well built motor that gives excellent performance to weight. First off the Webra glow motor runs on 5% nitro. Next, often the motor will run odd if it has been lean for some time. I would start by turning the low speed mix to factory spec, 1.5 turns out, then start the motor with a new glow plug. I say to use a new plug because the lean run has more than likely burned up the last plug and now requires the extreme heat to enable the motor to run at a good RPM. Start with the high speed needle valve out real rich and start motor slowly turn high speed in til RPM is peaking, a tackometer is real helpful. Then once you can no longer gain rpm by turning needle valve in back it out so you drop a couple hundred rpm. The plane should leave a nice trail of smoke when the motor is running max rpm. The next challenge is to set the low end and this requires some patience. turn only 1/8 of a turn at a time til the motor doesn't lose rpm or girgle when changing over to high rpm. Keep in mind that the low end can load up if too rich and you think the high end needs adjusting. This will cause the motor to run lean and give you a 3 minute run and get smoking hot. I'm possative that a little time spent tweeking th carb will result in one happy flier. Take it from me as I also experienced a simular problem with my webra. I will only buy webra's now that I can tune them.

Good luck [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]