RCU Forums - View Single Post - glow starter
Thread: glow starter
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2004, 07:33 AM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: glow starter

No, I didnt explain correctly,, I have several cox and norvel engines,,and many glow heads norvel and cox,, on some of the norvel heads there is a large round ball on others there is a much smaller flat topped piece,,, the height difference is enough the the glow starter (dubro) touches one but not the other or the actual head is a smaller diameter and the glow starter wont fit down in the hole,,I have seen the glow clip made from an actual clothespin( I think its in the SPAD forum), and I have the cox glow clip but no battery for it,, I know there is an adapter to use a dubro type glow starter and hook a fake glow plug in it that inturn powers the cox glow clip, ...so depending on what engine I use, I sometimes have to put a cox head on a norvel engine so I can use the glow starter I have with me so the engine runs,,,right now, my glow starter works on my .061, but not on my .049 because of the different glow heads.,,so I am asking if anyone has ground off a bit of the dubro starter to use with the smaller glow heads...hope that clears things up......Tim,,I'll show you at the fly in.....Rog

Thanks Larry D, but what is yours hooked too?