RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ziroli Jug refinish
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2004, 01:45 PM
heliraptor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ziroli Jug refinish

Evan

I've been following this forum for the past couple of years, not many posts as I haven't been in a position to build my first warbird...till now that is.

Just got to say that you, and many other great builders round here have been such an inspiration, but mainly you. Your models are absolutely first class and if I can get anywhwere near yours I'll be pleased. Mine won't be competition machines, just built for fun and to fly as much as I can.

Congrats on a top job on the Jug, hopefully my first Warbird.

The delay has mainly been due to not having a decent enough field to fly off, at the weekend I secured a new strip for me and a few friends, that is actually a farmers airstrip, pretty good surface too.

The best of it is the strip is actually based on and runs directly above the main runway of the old World War 2 airfield at Boxted, Essex, UK, home of the 56th Fighter Group and the great 'Gaby' Gabreski so I'll be taking off on the exact same runway as he flew off to many of his succesful sorties. The concrete has gone now, and its all grass however a lot of original buildings and the perimeter roads remain.

One of the coolest buildings (Now used by a farmer as storage) is the old control building. On the walls are still the old blackboards, and markings of the aircraft and some pilot names that served there.

Sorry to change topic, but seing your Jug again spurs me on and I get carried away.

Let me see, who shall I base my model on

Keep up the good work.

Lee