RCU Forums - View Single Post - Newb looking to buy first MT - lots of q's???
Old 05-07-2004, 11:48 AM
Deandome
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Newb looking to buy first MT - lots of q's???

ORIGINAL: MAMMOTH TOUGH

i was under the impresion that this was a stock for stock kinda thing unless you can get a savage pico .26 RTR now.

Actually, I kinda started the more contentious part of this, and it was in response to this post:

Savage is stronger out of the box, but the mammoth is MUCH faster. to break a savage you would have to take a large hammer and bash it for a while , but for it to out run a mammoth you would have to get the new RB .28 engine... that MIGHT do the trick... if you dont turn your dirve train into mush
It was bull**** then, and it's still bull****.

I said it before in detail, and i'll say it again....THE ONLY REASON THE MAMMOTH IS FASTER OUTTA THE BOX IS GEARING!!!!!

There is NOT any significant power/weight ratio advantage EITHER way. Maybe the XTM 24.7 has a different/better powerband, but not enough to say that it's faster AND quicker, which is what I keep hearing & which is driving me nuts!!

The Mammoth is a fine truck...one of the top 3-4 AVAILABLE trucks out there. But will you Mammoth guys PLEASE just admit that XTM just geared the truck for top speed rather than off-the line oomph?? Then maybe the people who are looking for advice can look at all the other features that are MUCH more important than top speed.