RCU Forums - View Single Post - aeroworks edge 540 pictured construction manual
Old 05-10-2004, 02:39 PM
SunDevilPilot

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: aeroworks edge 540 pictured construction manual

Elevators Mounted....

I figured out how I was going to mount the stabs so I went ahead and did it. I decided I did not like the screw into the support tube so I embedded a 1.5" dowel into the root of each stab and drilled and installed a brass insert. I drilled a hole in the sides of the fuse to allow the screw to pass and now the elevators mount from inside the fuse.

The right side is tightened by slipping an allen wrench through the hole in the other side of the fuse. Once the right side is on I slide the left stab on and insert the allen wrench through a hole I made in the other fuse side but this one is just below the right stab. This way I only have a tiny hole on one side of the fuse. It is out of sight because it is below the stab. Seems simple enough.

I will also be adding a carbon fiber anti-rotation pin in the front of the stab for insurance. Once the plane is covered I will locktight the bolts in and it should never come loose. If I need to remove the stabs I can also do that by breaking the bolts loose from the locktight.

I guess I could have just glued the stabs to the fuse but I wanted it to be off when I covered the plane. That area has always been difficult for me to cover and this should make it a snap.

Phil (Mesa, AZ)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70487.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	130939   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn41384.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	130940