RCU Forums - View Single Post - Can the poor opinion of AMA be changed and how??
Old 05-14-2004, 11:27 AM
P-51B
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Can the poor opinion of AMA be changed and how??

ORIGINAL: archerry

If you look at the original question that started this, "Can the poor opinion of AMA be changed and how??" I am asking HOW?

Here are some simple suggestions that I have.... Maybe I'm right maybe I'm wrong..........
1. have the district AVP's and VP get more active or assign AMA representation at club functions other than just sanctioned events...
2. seek out and reconize the clubs that are doing the "extras" in their communities.
3. cater less to the, "Good Old Boys and their high dollar toys", and focus more on the middle man.
4. offer different levels of insurance coverage for those who want turbines, over 55lbs, li-polys, etc...
5. let me choose, if I want the magazine or not. Maybe the money I save could be used to buy additional insurance.

You're are all right!!! It makes it easier if I have AMA vs homeowners insurance to make sure I'm covered... however, have you ever tried to make a claim....see what happens then......

I was told that, "once-upon-a-time" our club was one of those that also recognized SFA as an insurance carrier at our field. I heard that AMA "ran them off" by not allowing AMA chartering or sanctioning. What's up with that.... MONOPOLY.............

Hey all, I just saw another thread that was started similar to this, "How can the AMA be improved?"... Read Gordon Mc's entry (third entry).........There you go.... BRAVO!!!!
Ok, now were getting somewhere, these look like some good ideas, not sure if I agree with them all or not, but they are still good ideas.

On the tiered insurance idea, I have seen this one tossed around and maybe beaten up sometimes. Given the fact that AMA includes non-rc, would the tiered systems base rate include just non-rc, or rc up to 55 lbs, or...??? This may actually be worthy of its own thread, since by the time this group on rcu got it structured it wouldn't need any thought by the AMA!

I have to ask about the SFA story, would the AMA not sanction the events, or just not sanction them to include non-AMA members? Also, if a club was both SFA and AMA, and there was an incident involving a non-AMA member, was the landowner still covered by SFA insurance?