RCU Forums - View Single Post - Can the poor opinion of AMA be changed and how??
Old 05-14-2004, 03:18 PM
archerry
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Can the poor opinion of AMA be changed and how??

ORIGINAL: Matt Kirsch

Okay, tiered rates. WHO determines pilot proficiency, if that is the course we are to take? WHO polices the membership to ensure that the planes being flown fit in the insurance tier the member has been assigned or has chosen? WHO administers the whole mess? There is no infrastructure in place now to support either, and putting that infrastructure in will only increase costs. One or two people will no doubt pipe in and say, "I'll be glad to pay whatever it costs to have this option." I am willing to wager that the vast, vast, vast majority are not with you. AMA dues are too high now in most people's opinion for what they receive. I highly doubt that more than a few are willing to pay more to put up with more silly rules and more hoops to jump through.
AMA has a general questionaire that they ask you... They could make it a little more comprensive and base tiers on your listed intentions. If you fly outside of that, you lose. Besides they are not the primary carrier, your homeowner's insurance is. Everyone looses site that AMA is mainly serving secondary insurance. AMA points to whatever else you have first..... So then why would they then make, "more silly rules and more hoops to jump through.", you tell me......

Who should pay more? Is there anyone out there that AMA is their primary insurance, or was able to make a claim on AMA insurance? If you get into an accident with your car and it's your fault, does your auto insurance go up or your homeowner's policy?....