RCU Forums - View Single Post - Can the poor opinion of AMA be changed and how??
Old 05-14-2004, 03:46 PM
F106A
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Can the poor opinion of AMA be changed and how??

Hi,
It's secondary UNLESS you don't have a homeowner's policy. I'm sure there's a lot of members in AMA that don't own a house.
Also, one of the main reasons for AMA insurance is to protect the property owner, not just coverage for the members. Without coverage for the property owner, there would be very few fields around to fly from.
As stated above, it's the enforcement of the tiered rates that is at the heart of the matter. Who is responsible for enforcement at the club level? The officers are not their all the time to check you are flying what you're insured for. Saying that if you fly and crash something that you're not insured for is tough luck for you, what about the property owner. If someone gets hurt, he's going to be a part of the law suit, along with the club, officers and members. Will the tiered coverage still protect him? Will the insurance still protect the club? The more complicated the coverage, the less likely a property owner will want to get involved. He can kick everyone off and then he has no liability. Who's going to administer all this at both the local and national level? Do you really think that clubs can take on the paperwork burden, I don't. If AMA has more administrative tasks devoted to this, don't you think there will be a dues increase, since the members ultimately pay AMA's expenses.
There are no simple answers to complex questions.
BRG,
Jon