RCU Forums - View Single Post - Can the poor opinion of AMA be changed and how??
Old 05-14-2004, 04:05 PM
archerry
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Can the poor opinion of AMA be changed and how??

F106A,

You bring up some very good questions and points.... I admit I don't have all the answers either but if we all put our ideas together maybe something can come out of this in all our favor..

Let us put up less road blocks of ourselves by constantly asking questions and start adding more answers....
For example....

"As to who determines pilot proficiency, plus the infrastructure, etc ... we do actually have some of that infrastructure in place already... ranging from the fact that most clubs already have criteria for a member being allowed to fly solo, and sign the members off when they reach that stage, to the fact that we already have multiple "certification" categories for pilots under the AMA banner - examination & sign-off requirements for fixed-wing turbine pilots, a different examination & sign-off for rotary-wing turbine pilots, and probably also a similar criteria for the over-55lb sign-off."

and

"AMA has a general questionaire that they ask you... They could make it a little more comprensive and base tiers on your listed intentions. If you fly outside of that, you lose. "

What is wrong with that?.... You already have tiered insurance on your homeowner's and vehicles...

Let' do a hypothetical now.... What would happen if all the homeowner's insurance companies decide that damages from model flying (or any hobbies) are no longer covered... What would AMA do then.......[sm=drowning.gif] point to your vehicle insurance???