RCU Forums - View Single Post - 3D Frenzy at Joe Nall
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2004, 05:39 PM
YNOT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 3D Frenzy at Joe Nall

WOO HOO made it home and finally woke up.

Like the Frenzy? Not the prettiest plane, however built for purpose.

While drinking, Kris and I come to the concusion that a more radical 3D plane was needed.

The Frenzy is #1, soon to be followed bt #2 and so on. There are a couple of people who are interesed in kitting the plane, however no additonal details are availabe at this.

Kris designed the Frenzy and built it, for me.

Keys to the plane for the start, Full Flying elevators that would not flutter, full flying rudder and quad ailerons. The quads have not been programed, yet.

The great folks at Flight Fotos ([email protected]) took a lot of pics of the plane, however these are all I have. I am sure other RCU'ers took a pic of it. Many mags took pics and info on the plane.

Frenzy:
80" wing
BME 50
Prince 22-8
ZDZ Tuned Can on custom header
2-8411's on the elevators
4-9152's on the quad aileron set up
Some bigass Hitec on the Rudder

On the 1100 mile trip home, I decided to recover the plane to make it look like Nemo. People kept saying it looked like a fish, so a fish it is.

BTW, Something very cool. Flight Foto took pics of everthing at Joe Nall and some trully spectacular shots including all the top pilots and an adventure though the woods in seach of a H9 Ultimate. They are going to sell a disk with pics on it. Worth the few bucks to buy it. The pic of the Ultimate on the fishing boat is worth it alone.

errr...............all this typing and I can't get the pics to load, will try in a bit. If anyone else has any pics, please post them.