RCU Forums - View Single Post - Can the poor opinion of AMA be changed and how??
Old 05-18-2004, 10:32 AM
archerry
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Can the poor opinion of AMA be changed and how??

Like I said, I don't have all the answers or profess to know it all either. I just reporting what I SEE and HEAR.. And there are a lot more than me that have something to say or have said something here. I'm even hearing negative things said from members from your club. Sorry pal, I believe you wasted your time with your long winded speach... There is another thread very similar to this... Why did you choose to respond here and not there......? Did you read some of the quotes for Gordon Mc...? Very well written and thought out as far as I'm concerned. Some great ideas too...

The question here is not how I feel personally... and once again, you either misread the question (topic) of this forum or I don't know...... Let me remind you, "Can the poor opinion of AMA be changed and how??" I hear a lot more negativity about AMA than I do good and what I will share is that I feel this very unhealthy, especially from an organization that was built to promote us. Can that be changed, I don't know. But until we get to the root cause of the problem we will never know. If you have the answer to that one well your one step ahead of the rest of the planet and please feel free to share that one. I am not going to debate what people say either...as far as I'm concerned it's hearsay..... But what am I to believe, what are new members to believe.....?

You keep refering to those damn pins..... As an elected officer of our club, one of my tasks was to work with AMA and possibly enter our club in the gold leader program. It was suggested to me, by a clerk from District X, that what our club does at these airshow may well qualify and should apply for the Mall Show program. When I challenged the guidelines and explained what we did was very similar to the mall show we were immediately shot down, with no explanation. If you didn't think there was something wrong yourself with the way this issue was handled by AMA, then why would you offer to get us the pins and even pay for them out of your pocket....? You told me in one thread/reply that AMA did not recognize our show because we did not have a CD sanctioning the event. Then a few replies later you said that a CD was no longer required to sanction an event. This tells me you don't have the answer either..... It is not about the pins.... How many times do I need to repeat this before you get it......???

I'm not trying to start a REVOLUTION or war with AMA either, but maybe trigger an EVOLUTION. Maybe in the next election those who failed us will no longer be there and hopefully the new will support and work with us like it should be..... It was too bad that there was only one name on the District X ballot last year.... Hopefully next time there will be more... Have you thought about running????

You're from California, look what happened to Mr. Davis, what an unexpected delight.... The man who won the recall election admittedly said he didn't have all the answers but was willing to WORK with ANYONE who was willing to help....... Now that's my kind of people... Are you one of those people.....? What are your ideas.......?

What happened to the dang spell checker...............