Old 05-18-2004, 09:13 PM
Kris^
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 3D Frenzy at Joe Nall

Hey Klotz ! !

Good to finally meet you

About the Frenzy . . .the first prototype is kind of a cobbled up work in progress that showed me a lot of what the plane was capable of, but it's still not radical enough. I've talked a bit with Ynot about improvements, possibly a Profile version of the plane in a .60 sized planform . . maybe a 1.20 sized as well. I've sent Letters of Intent to 3 companies, outlining what I want to do with the plane, including the Profile versions of it. Tomorrow I order wing cores for 4 2nd generation prototypes, with upgraded wing shape to make it elevator, harrier, snap, and roll better. Square wings are nice and docile and predictable, but if you want performance. . well. . sometimes you have to go out on a limb. I'm going to knock out a couple of Profile fuselages during the next week, using foam sandwich construction, and get to work refining the tail assembly for ease of manufacturing and assembly.

One thing I am very proud to say .. not ONCE did we see any indications of flutter or control problems with the plane. The engineering is sound, the design WORKS, and we know where to go to improve it. We'll be shooting to lower the weight a LOT, simplify construction, and rehash the wings for much better performance potential while at the same time having a very stable aircraft when desired.

One other thing to note.. . Both Ynot and I have performed "Pinwheel" maneuvers, where the plane is hovering, then flips over sideways 360 degrees and back to a hover. The design can be improved, and in the next month I'll be doing just that. . Then. .WATCH OUT. . perhaps it will be "at a Hobby Shop Near YOU" very soon.