RCU Forums - View Single Post - Genesis
Thread: Genesis
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2004, 11:26 PM
Nitro10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Genesis

Uhh....NO, it's plain as day (as others have mentioned) that the Genesis CLEARLY copied many/most of the Savage design elements (chassis), and the suspension is straight off the T-Maxx, ignoring the relatively silly top/horizontal shocks that seem to do nothing other than look cool/different (and add weight). Where Losi, Traxxas & UE have stepped back & said "gee, maybe 4 big shocks are better than 8 small ones", CEN took the much more predictable "they have eight, let's do TEN" approach. And NOBODY has really explained what the top shocks bring to the table....care to take a stab?
I would guess Cen went with the vert frame for simplicity and strength. Personally I would prefer this method over any other, especially for a basher. With 5" of suspension travel how do you compare it to a T-maxx? The top shocks are basically a cantilever set up that add dampning, but probably wont hold up with bashing. As far as the shocks go..if four big ones seems better than 8 small ones.....fine with me but the other features the Genesis offers is definately more exciting. 5 horsepower , 3 speed tranny, over 2 feet long, 50 mph top end.....This doesnt sound plain to me.

Sorry I forgot the smiles with your "joke", here they are. A few smiles is all it takes to cover up an insult? You sure there wasn't a little sarcasm in there?
But of course, everyone who disagrees with me clearly has no brain, so maybe it's a tough call for some of you

And I'm 41 yo, and only a complete idiot woud read a line like "But of course, everyone who disagrees with me clearly has no brain, so maybe it's a tough call for some of you" and take it as anything other than a SELF-DEPRECATING joke (go get a dictionary). Funny, though, that you didn't quote the 3 smiles I posted to make the joke extra clear. You obviously understood them, but chose to eliminate them to give your slam a vague hint of legitimacy.

Well Dean with the post's you have produced you obviously feel pretty strongly with your opinion on the trucks. You had a reply for my post with the no brain comment , my comment was there to keep the thread from getting locked. Now I get to read how you are comparing me to an idiot and "go get a dictionary".... How IS life treating you these days Dean?