RCU Forums - View Single Post - Serious range problem-->Here is the skinny now
Old 07-05-2002, 12:47 PM
Silver182
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I've got all channels

John,
I've got one of the Futaba 9zWCII fully synthesized transmitter / receiver combinations. It takes a few seconds to change freqs, and my new version 4(d) ECU works fine on channel 52 / 51 / 53 / 60 / 11 / 32 / 48. Those are the only channels I've checked. I just installed the new version 4(d) ECU in my MIG. The one big difference between my setup and yours is that in my MIG I am using the Futaba rather than the JR. Thats a long old story but suffice it to say the Futaba for some reason worked better with the older version 2 ECU.

If you could get your hands on a Icom R-2 scanner, program it for all frequencies, image & primary, do a scan of your ECU you might be able to find the "Cleanest Channels." That is what I used to go through to get a flyable range check. Go to Joel's Web site to find out how to program the R-2 and what freqs to program in for the image sets.

R-2 Web site
http://www.charlesriverrc.org/articl...r_icomicr2.htm

Better yet just relax until Bob can get you a different ECU, the one you have is just not up to the new Version 4 standard, somethings broke inside -----------

Again, don't forget the full throttle run-up while checking the Max range distance!!!
Lee H. DeMary
AMA 36099