RCU Forums - View Single Post - 3D Frenzy at Joe Nall
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2004, 11:03 AM
famousdave
My Feedback: (61)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 3D Frenzy at Joe Nall

ORIGINAL: cowboyway88

Channel 50 was no good Friday I lost my 1/3 scale Pitts. Went in to hold, and down it went There were two other planes lost on 50 friday. If I had know that I wouldn't have flown my Pitts!
Kelly

There is NO excuse for that kind of interference. At an event that big the club or AMA should supply a spectrum analyzer / channel monitor to take a look at what is going on. At the very minumum, the admin should have placed a warning on the channel pin to prevent others from suffering the same fate.. seems to me like 5 or more planes had trouble on 50. The analyzer costs about $3K for a good one, seems like a lot more than that was lost in aircraft on hits. Crying shame.

If I could have made the trip, I would have spectated at the Nall, but would have no interest in all in flying there. I am not really sure why anyone other than the "worlds best" factory sponsored pilots bother to fly there, seems like a lot of hardware was lost to the chaos.. at least the factory guys get new planes... my opinion anyway.

Cowboy - I feel really bad for you losing the Pitts in front of your supporters. Again - cryin shame..

DP