RCU Forums - View Single Post - 3D Frenzy at Joe Nall
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2004, 06:50 PM
extratorker
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 3D Frenzy at Joe Nall

The Yak and the Ultimate mentioned above both belonged to friends of mine that traveled down with me in the trailer.The ultimate was a defintite radio hit,I was spotting for him when it happend.He got locked out at 200 feet and the plane just went into a slow spin all the way down,just missing a lake by about 3 feet.Thankfully there were a couple guys fishing that saw it happen.They said it actually planed out over the lake and went into the woods horizontally instead of vertically.Besides needing new wings and a cowl the plane was in great shape.He took in stride and was joking about it as we pulled it from the woods.Now the yak,thats a different story.It was crashed by a young guy who had crashed the plane also the day before.After spending 14 hours repairing it,my buddy let him fly it again and thats when it was destroyed.I wasnt there to see it happen,all I heard was the crash.Unfortunatley,with over 500 registered pilots at an event,things will happen.Nobody is perfect.The staff at triple tree did a great job once again and should be commended.This was the second year for me and it just keeps getting better..