RCU Forums - View Single Post - GP Super Stearman
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2004, 11:45 PM
RCJake-rcu
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GP Super Stearman

Hi All,

I finished one of these Super Sterman Bipes for a customer last week. A Saito 150 was used, Hitec 635 bb servos for all control surfaces, slaved the top wing ailerons to the bottom, Hitec 425bb for the throttle, Hitec receiver, 1650 Ni-mh receiver battery, Cermark HD switch and no weight was required to attain the recommended balance point. I used an incidence meter to set up the top wing since I noticed that the top wing would "rock" while I was trying to mark & drill the mounting holes in the fuse for the cabanes. While the rivet/panel line decals took some time to cut out and apply, they sure enhanced the look of the Stearman. I did add the simulated flying wires as per the instructions which helped the look a lot.

The test flight was uneventful. The take-off was straight down the runway, the tail lifted after a short run and the 150 had plenty of power for the Stearman. Since this was not my bipe, I just trimmed it out for straight & level flight and landed after a few laps around the field. The landing was great...it just came in for a nice wheel landing, then the tail settled and I taxied it back to the flight station. I think that the new owner will let me wring out the Stearman a little in the near future and then I will let you guys know how this one does.

Great Planes certainly did their homework on this bipe...it builds easily, the instructions are wonderful and it flies great. Also, it is beautiful on the ground & in the air!!!

Jake